Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply?

Prospective residents must complete and submit to the College an online application form (with a digital passport-style photograph) found on this website at:

Am I eligible?

Kathleen Lumley College is the post-graduate college of the University of Adelaide. Students of other universities are nevertheless welcome to apply.

Mature-age students (including those in their final years of an under-graduate degree) may be accepted based on suitability of applicant and availability of accommodation.

Do I have to sign a contract?

Students (apart from short-term casual residents) will be required to sign a residency agreement for the duration of their stay, irrespective of length. This is so that the College may ensure room occupancy.

Can I choose my room?

Rooms are allocated upon availability. Although we try to accommodate preferences on arrival, we can not make any guarantee. If you wish to move to another room upon arrival we will place your name on our moving list to move as soon as your preference becomes available.

Is my room cleaned?

Rooms are cleaned once per fortnight.

Does the College provide internet?

Wireless internet connection is offered free of charge (8GB per month) with computer suites available for those with no wireless capability.

Category 4 rooms have unlimited internet access.

You are welcome to connect your own internet service to your room but at your own cost.

Do rooms have kitchen facilities?

No cooking is to be done in rooms. Shared kitchens are available for communal use.

How far is the College from University campuses?

The College is situated approximately 15 minutes walk from the University of Adelaide (City campus), 30 minutes walk from Carnegie Mellon University (Adelaide City campuses) and 30 minutes walk from UniSA (City West campus).

Bus and train timetables may be found at:

How do I pay?

The College only accepts payment by cash, internet transfer (bank account details to be provided upon request – all transfers to be made in Australian dollars), or credit card (this last attracts a 1% surcharge – we do not accept American Express or UnionPay).

Are all options catered for?

Category 1 contracts are uncatered. All other options include food.

Is there a vegetarian option?

A vegetarian option is always available.

Are meals halal?

The College provides halal meals. Certification can be provided on request.

Quick Links

Contact Us

+61 8 8267 3270

+61 8 8239 1705

Enquire Online